Monday, November 30, 2009

ABC News Segment

Here it is... the link to watch my interview with Houston ABC News... and for those of you who are curious, the answer to your question is no, I didn't cut my hair short... I'm now bald and sporting a spunky wig :)

I'm still in awe of God's provision in this story. My first consultation with Dr. Timothy Hickman was in July... at that time there had never been a successful pregnancy in Texas from frozen eggs (which is different than frozen embryos). However, just 4 days prior to my appointment Dr. Hickman had started a clinical trial using a new technique on a patient named Ivonne Pena that showed promise... fast forward to current day and as you will see in the news segment she is pregnant with twins! This is the first time this has ever happened in Texas... and I am SO grateful that the technique was available.

I had 17 eggs successfully frozen in September... I'm the first cancer patient in Texas to use this new technique. So, now we wait until I'm finished with all of my treatment which includes 5 years on Tamoxifen... and we watch with great anticipation for Mr. Wonderful to come into my life. :)

Click on the following link for the video which will lead you to the website for ABC 13 in Houston. The video clip will automatically load at the top of your screen titled "Success rate of frozen eggs increasing":

Success rate of frozen eggs increasing

Posted using ShareThis

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that. Good story and well done on the interview -- and you looked great too! We will keep praying for you and that your story will continue to find hope and be an encouragement to those that hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were wonderful! Thank you for sharing it. I am so proud of you and your faithfulness is inspiring. I miss you very much. I know its an added burden at times, so thanks for keeping up the blog so I can see how you are doing. I am still praying for you and sending big hugs from KY!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith,
    You look beautiful! What a great interview! I'm a friend of your mom's from Abilene...and I love reading your blog. Your courage is an inspiration.
    Erin Sundberg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith, we've moved to Lubbock and I've just now got my computer up and running with speakers, so this is the first opportunity I've had to view your interview. Absolutely wonderful--so sincere and so very hopefilled. You are a blessing over and over again. Love you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete