Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Home!

I was discharged from the hospital today around 2:30pm. The first thing I did when I got home was take a bath, then I went down the road to my hair dresser and got my hair washed and blow-dryed. Being clean after 3 days with no shower felt really good.

I still have some pain, which is to be expected with this surgery. The pain meds are my friend and I'm taking them routinely to try and stay ahead of the pain. I'm getting up and around better each day, but still require frequent naps. I'm very much looking forward to sleep in my own bed tonight.

Alyson's girls Katie and Gracie were happy to have me home and have been "helping me" with walking, getting me pillows and blankets, etc.... they are adorable.

Roxy (my dog) also seems relieved to have me home... she is being very gentle with me and her GI issues seem to be improving now that her mama is at home.

The prayer pager continues to be a great encouragement and constant reminder of the extended family of faith that is with me through this journey... thank you to you all so much.

3 comments:

  1. Meredith - you and Price look adorable together
    in the picture!

    I am praying for your comfort -

    Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, Thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery!

    Janice Gatewood Van Sickle

    ReplyDelete