Monday, August 24, 2009

Pathology Results Are In...

I got the call from the surgeon this afternoon.... pathology results are the best news they can be. We already knew I had breast cancer, which was again confirmed. In total they removed 15 lymph nodes from my left arm.... and ONLY ONE was positive!!! The one lymph node we already knew about and had already biopsied was tough and didn't allow the cancer to go any further down the chain! PRAISE GOD!!!

There's still some more tests they will do in the next week that will give more information about the characteristics and personality of the cancer that will further determine the best combination of chemo drugs for my treatment. As of now, my official cancer "stage" is II A, which is a good thing... or more accurately said, it's a God thing.

Thank you all for your continuing prayers and support.

6 comments:

  1. Meredith,

    Praise be to the Great Physician! I am so glad that you got the best news you could. I will continue to pray for your continued health and wisdom for those taking care of you.

    Michael Harris
    CHS 1991

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for those pathology reports! Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great news, MerMer. Praise Jesus. I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete