Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Update

It's Tuesday at 5pm and today has gone well. I have been up several times to walk around and am back on a regular diet. My pain is much more under control today, but I will continue to be sore for another week or so. I am most likely going to be discharged home sometime tomorrow.

Alyson's girls Katie and Gracie came to see me this afternoon and were adorable... they've been practicing giving "gentle hugs". We had a good visit.

Prayer requests:
1) safe travel for my dad tonight back to Arlington (mom will stay here with me through the weekend)
2) a speedy recovery for my dog Roxy (she's a boxer)- she has been having GI issues since Saturday... dad took her to the vet today... she got IV fluids for dehydration and some antibiotics... we think she's worried about me and want her to feel better ASAP
3) strength for me... surgery makes you TIRED! I'm napping constantly and have to rest after only a short walk... pray that my body has the energy it needs for healing.
4) peace and rest for Alyson and Wayne as they prepare to welcome me back in their home to care for me

1 comment:

  1. Meredith,

    As one of your mother's favorite people (and yes, she is one of mine!), just wanted to let you know that Gail America has you in mind. I "see" so much of your mother in you from your blog--what a sweet spirit and delightful sense of humor you have! I've shared the site with my two daughters, and I also told them that your mother was healed years ago because God knew how much I needed her in my life--truly! And you are well on your way to healing as someone--or many someones out there--need you!

    Rest easy...and often!

    Sue Jane Mayes

    ReplyDelete